20.11.18 (12:00 - 17:30)
What's the TOPIC of the day:
"Estonian Tourism - Planning the 2030" by Annika Anton (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications)
- How is tourism policy made and implemented?
- Main stakeholders in the Estonian tourism sector. Cooperation with government and the industry to sustain and improve the experiences for visitors.
- Where do my business and I come to the big picture?
- Global tourism trends and how they help us better understand and shape the future of tourism.
- The story of Estonian tourism in 2030: can we find the way of doing things differently?
- Is it all about money? Growing the numbers vs growing the value of (international) visitors. Other added values tourism can give to a destination.
Presented by Annika Anton (Executive Officer in Tourism Policy, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications)
Having a degree in Public Administration and Political Science, she has also studied nature tourism management and is fond of exploring what other added values tourism can give to a destination. Annika has worked at the Estonian Government Office strategy unit in policy coordination across government and with a portfolio of nature tourism infrastructure projects at the Environmental Investment Centre. She is keen on seeing the big picture and how various stakeholders could dream big together about improving the experiences for visitors and doing things differently in a destination.
What's the CASE of the day:
Port of Tallinn - The Gate to Estonia
Presented by Hele-Mai Metsal (Head of Development Department)
Old City habrour: the biggest maritime and tourism gateway to Estonia:
- Opening Tallinn to the Sea and to the World.
- Masterplan 2030 - what is it about?
- New Vanasadam – contemporary, diverse and attractive urban space
What's the SCHEDULE of the day
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch and networking at Kai-Kohvik
13:00 - 14:30 Days topic - Keynote speaker Annika Anton
14:30 - 14:45 Coffe Break
14:45 - 16:15 Case of the day - tour of the harbour and presentation on developments of Port of Tallinn by Hele-Mai Metsal.
16:15 - 16:30 Coffe Break
16:30 - 17:30 Discussion and wrap-up by facilitator of the venue Ari Björkqvist
Seminars 4 times a year
Membership 400 EUR per year
The membership can start any time of the year and it lasts for a year from the first meeting
In case of hindrance participation can be transferred to a colleague
Price of a single seminar for a nonmember is 150 EUR + VAT
Seminars are held in English and include lunch and coffee breaks.